May 1, 2011
"12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear. (Phil. 1:12-14)"
"24-25But I know that all of you still need me. That's why I am sure I will stay on to help you grow and be happy in your faith. 26Then, when I visit you again, you will have good reason to take great pride in Christ Jesus because of me.
(Phil. 1:25-26)"
As an experienced believer and "Christ"ian, as one of the many who walked with Christ, who literally followed in His footsteps day after day for three years, Paul recognizes how important his impact is on his friends. Adopting the title as being a "star" or a light for Christ in this dark world, Paul finds hope. In a dark, wet, disgusting prison cell, with both his hands and his feet chained to the dark walls of the chamber, Jesus in Heaven can hear a silent whisper from the pitch-black hole that his dear friend is chained to: ..."How can I be more of an inspiration to those who are in bondage to spiritual darkness?"..."How can I be the great leader and servant that God called me to be when He reached down and struck me with blindness, to display His glory?"
In the deepest, darkest hole that the Pharisees could find to throw thieves and murderers into, comes a voice and a spirit knowing that through his current circumstance, Jesus' love prevails and will make him even more of an inspiration to those who he calls his brothers and sisters in Christ.
The importance of attitude and the recognition of how I am inspiring others is crucial in how I deal with every single day of my life. Some days and in some places others' salvation and attitude will stem from how I choose to deal with the crap I must go through. And if I turn my face and heart to Christ as one in need of the greatest peace, then in the end I (and hopefully those who are with me going through hard times) can look back and we can say with a smile, "...so that is how You showed Your amazing and unconditional love on that day, even when it seemed as if nobody was listening."
Lord, help me to recognize today, and every day, that my friends', and my enemies', salvation and INSPIRATION to praise You may be resting upon the simple testimony through my actions and words, "that Christ's love is preached, and as a result, I will rejoice!" (1:18)
No comments:
Post a Comment